Sunday 11 August 2013

My No7 Makeover Experience

Hello Dolls

Those who know me personally, know that usually when offered a make over I decline politely with 'sorry, I'm far too busy'. Those words almost strike fear into me. The number of times I have come out after someone doing my make-up looking a drag queen, I'd rather just not bother anymore. I'd rather not bother standing in a public bathroom scrubbing half the make-up off, praying that I won't see someone I know and actually, it ruins my day completely.

I know it sounds silly. So when No7 offered me a free make-over, hesitantly, I pulled up my big girls panties and booked myself in. No7 is known for enhancing natural beauty, surely they should be given a chance? And I'm so glad I did. The make-up artist was lovely and we had a right gossip the whole way through. She didn't make me look like a drag queen or treat me as if I wasn't important. She listened to me and what I wanted.

I think that's the problem, people don't listen anymore. They think they know best. Rather than thinking about what the costumer would suit and like, they say what they want, and they do what they want. But, hey, maybe that's a lesson for me, in the future I should be more forceful with what I want.

I took a few pictures of the finished look,



 

(Because it's better to look ugly on purpose than by accident, right?)


Always leave a little sparkle wherever you go, Kay xo

No comments:

Post a Comment