Wednesday 1 January 2014

Hello, 2014






'New Year, New Me', oh please.

Lets just skip the part where we all pretend that we have magically changed into a better person overnight. The New Year isn't a big switch that you can flip, you should constantly strive to be a more successful and better person. It is however, the perfect chance to wipe the slate clean and give yourself a goal for the upcoming year - something you can look back on in 365 days.




I don't like to make an awful lot of resolutions because I know I can't keep to them, however, I do have a few things that I'm targeting - my health and fitness, my organisation and my confidence. 

Health and Fitness: For the last few months I've gradually cut things out of my diet. First I turned to drinking only water and green tea (apart from the odd cheeky hot chocolate), then I cut out white carbs and switched to wholemeal/wholegrain, and now I'm cutting chocolate out mid-week. Baby steps. I'm also going to take a photo of how I look currently, and then at the beginning of February to see how my body and fitness have improved. 

Organisation: I'm going to have one mammoth clear-out. Tidy room, tidy mind. With a busy upcoming year, I can't have my mind wandering off, so To-Do lists are going to be my bestie this year, along with finding a place for everything little thing. 

Confidence: I'm going to try and not beat myself up so much (not physically). I really am my own worst critic and I focus on all my negatives rather than working on what I'm good at. I have confidence on stage, I just need to direct some of it to everyday life. 

So after 4 mascaras, 3 bottles of foundation, numerous cocktails and who-knows-how-many pizzas, I'm ready to say good riddance to 2013. Over a 150 visits to the gym, 2 pairs of running trainers and bad hair days in their plenty have left me crawling into the new year. I'm officially over 2013 and all the silly mistakes I made in it - especially kissing a french boy who really wasn't all that good looking but when in Rome (or er, Paris, actually.) With 1 Beyonce concert, an incredibly stressful UCAS application, around about 35 blog posts and my own little car, I can only wonder what awaits me this year - and please, please, please, Kay, no more embarrassing drunk texting!

What are your New Years Resolutions?

'Lets not try to figure everything out all at once'

Kay xo





No comments:

Post a Comment