Monday 6 January 2014

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser



I'm going to start by saying that I currently don't use any primers. No face primers, no eye shadow primers, nada. Keeping my make-up on all day has never been a real problem for me, and I believe that if-it-ain't-broke-don't-fix-it. So take this review from a complete primerphobe, and I was shocked with myself too for getting drawn in with the hype. Maybe it's the oh so affordable price, or maybe it's the obbessive-compulsive shopper in me, who knows?



On first appearance, it screams Benefit POREfessional in it's light blue tube and promises the same results, 'pores appear instantly erased for smooth looking skin'. After looking into it a little and reading other reviews, it seems that the formulation of this product is also very similar, so at only £7.99 it seems like an amazing dupe (POREfessional retails at £24.50)! They both contain a product called Dimethicone Crosspolymer, part of the silicone elastomer group, and is especially known for leaving a silky feeling on the skin as if like a baby bottoms. It is also said to irritate sensitive skin, cause breakouts and dry the skin which is probably why it claims to help maintain an oil-free face. But please don't let that scare you off using this product, everybody's skin reacts differently. It is also reportedly quite a good dupe for Smashboxes Photo Finish Foundation Primer, but I'm not entirely familiar with the product and couldn't grab hold of it's formulas! If you have had a problem with either of those primers, it's best not to try this one as they are practically the same!




(Before)


(After)


I like this product a lot. It's easy to use, doesn't smell funny, doesn't make you feel as thought you've smothered your face, and you really don't need to use an awful lot. It does exactly what it says on the tube, doesn't cost a lot, and most importantly doesn't seem to irritate my skin or cause breakouts! The only downsides are that 1. it isn't a miracle worker, and I don't transform into a baby and 2. I don't really think it makes my make-up stay on my face any longer.

Are you a complete primerphobe too?

Kay xo




No comments:

Post a Comment